Choose one summit and most probably you will be the first to skied down!
There are mountains of all levels, you will surely find the type of descent that you are most passionate about. The only thing that we can assure you is that you will be the first to go down skiing on the mountain of your choice. 99% of the peaks of this country await their first skiing descent.
A lot of snow and very good quality. You have to be aware that up there you are alone and that is the commitment you have to assume if you want to participate in this adventure. You will have the feeling of being one of those explorers you always dreamed of being.
Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval (3 hours) – accommodation in a hotel in Tskhinval – lunch in a restaurant and walk through the city with possible visit to a cultural event.
Breakfast at the hotel. As a first contact with these mountains we will go to Lake Ertso. Upon reaching Zon we will climb to a peak of 2,800m. This strategic peak will allow us to have impressive views of the entire Caucasus Mountains when looking North. To the south we can see the volcanoes of Armenia.
We will taste the traditional food in the house of the only inhabitants who live all year round in Zon. Return to the capital
Depending on the level of the group and the state of the snow, one-day or multi-day trips will be proposed, sleeping in the houses of the summer villages (where no one lives in winter).
We propose some starting points for your adventure:
- From the village of Edisa, starting point to the volcanoes up to 3,600m from the Kelskon plateau.
- From Chista and in two or three days, you can be the first to reach the top of the Kalatsha (3,800m), the most emblematic mountain in the country.
There are countless valleys and peaks, some do not even have a name. When the goal is to discover new mountains, it seems absurd to plan a program. Search for your mountain on a map or from the mountain you climbed the day before.
It is strongly recommended to go with a high mountain guide (not included in the base program). The risks of avalanches, temperature, orientation … and especially of isolation and lack of rescue equipment in high areas requires extreme precautions.
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Vladikavkaz.
¿What is included?
- Documents to obtain the entry permit in South Osetia.
- Transfer Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval – Vladikavkaz.
- Accommodation (hotel, cottage – optional).
- Meals (three times a day).
- Transportation in South Osetia.
- Guide service to the foot of mountains – translator. (Does not include mountain guide).
- Tickets for cultural events.
To process the entry papers in South Ossetia we need: a copy of the passport, place of residence, place of work and tourist phone number.
For processing it takes 30 to 40 days.
- Flight to Vladikavkaz (approximately € 300 to € 400).
- UIAA certified mountain guide (additional quotation may be requested).
- Ski equipment, mountaineering and camping (sleeping bag, tent if we want to spend more than one night in height …).
- Double entry visa in Russia (To be donenin the Embassy or http://www.centraldevisadosrusos.com)