We will accompany you to some of the most virgin and unexplored valleys of the incredible mountains of the Caucasus. You will know its incredible volcanoes, rivers and lakes. Climb up to summits of up to 3,850m from where you will observe the great amount of wild fauna of the region, from Caucasian goats, foxes, wolves … to bears!
You can fish in lakes, ride a horse or simply enjoy the wonderful traditional food of the region. The excursions and ascents will adapt to your level, so that you can always enjoy to the fullest.
Possible places to visit:
- Keli volcanic Plateau:Unique landscape, full of inactive volcanoes up to 3600mts; full of wonderful lakes and alpine meadows.
impressive medicinal spring of mineral waters.
Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval (3 hours) – accommodation in a hotel in Tskhinval – lunch in a restaurant and walk in the city. – possible visit to a cultural event.
Breakfast at the hotel. As a first contact with these mountains we will go to Lake Ertso.
When arriving at Zon we will propose two options:
- Take a walking tour to its Paleolithic caves where we will have lunch. Here existed one of the hot springs with medicinal waters most famous of all the former USSR that disappeared with the whole town in a terrible earthquake (late S. XX). Its high-temperature waters continue to emerge from the depths of the Caucasus.
- Climb to a peak of 2,800m. This strategic peak will allow us to have impressive views of the entire Caucasus Mountains when looking North. To the south we can see the volcanoes of Armenia.
We will taste the traditional food in the house of the only inhabitants who live all year round in Zon.
Return to the capital.
Departure to the highland towns of South Osetia, a long dirt road will take us to Edisa, starting point to visit the volcanic region. After 4 hours on the way we will arrive at Lake Kelistba. Where we will camp and spend the night.
Excursion on the Kelskom plateau. From fishing in the crystal clear waters of its lakes to climbing any of the many inactive volcanoes between 3,000 and 3,600m high. We will discover the feeling to be alone in the mountains. Return to the car and dinner in the capital.
Breakfast and departure to the Zonkar reservoir, national reserve, where there is the possibility to fish or simply enjoy the wonderful views of the Caucasus Mountains.
We will visit Jera Dzuar, the largest church in the country, a spring near Khevit from which ardent water emanates and we will visit a farm with a subsequent horseback ride. Dinner in the capital and night pass (optional).
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Vladikavkaz.
- 5 days from: 680,00€/person
- 7 days from: 830,00€/person
Price for groups of 6 or more people.
For other prices request a quote.
Price for Photography course for groups of 6 or more people.
- 5 days from: 1.360€/person
- 7 days from: 1.700€/person
Full travel option including Mountain Guide (UIAA).
- 5 days from: 1.325€/person
- 7 days from: 1.600€/person
What is included?
- Documents to obtain the entry permit in South Osetia.
- Transfer Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval – Vladikavkaz.
- Accommodation (hotel, cottage, tent – optional).
- Meals (three times a day).
- Transportation in South Osetia.
- Guide service – translator.(Not including mountain guide).
- Tickets for cultural events.
To process the entry papers in South Osetia we need: a copy of the passport, place of residence, place of work and tourist phone number.
For processing it takes 30 to 40 days.
- Flight to Vladikavkaz (approximately € 300 to € 400).
- UIAA homologated mountain guide (additional quotation may be requested).
- Personal camping equipment (sleeping bag, mat, backpack, canteen …).
- Double entry visa in Russia (Process in embassy or http://www.centraldevisadosrusos.com)