EXPLORE SOUTH OSETIA DRIVING A SNOWMOBILE. AN UNKNOWN COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAUCASUS.
This program will allow you to be one of the first tourists to enter this special country to enjoy a discovery and adventure experience with snowmobiles.
There are mountains of all levels, you will surely find the type of descent that you are most passionate about. The only thing we can assure you is that you are going to be the first to trace the route with a snowmobile or ski down the mountain of your choice.
99% of the tops of this country await their first descent on skis or snowboards.
Lots of snow and of very good quality. You have to be aware that we are alone up there and that is the commitment you have to assume if you want to participate in this adventure.
You will have the feeling of being one of those explorers you always dreamed of being.
If you are looking to leave the tourist routes this is your trip. (Chances of coinciding with other tourists 0.1%)
Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval (3 hours) – accommodation in a hotel in Tskhinval – lunch in a restaurant and walk in the city. – possible visit to a cultural event. Day 2: Breakfast at the hotel. As the first contact with these mountains we will go to Lake Ertso. Upon reaching Zon we will climb to a peak of 2,800m. This strategic peak will allow us to have impressive views of the entire Caucasus mountain range when looking north. To the south we can see the volcanoes of Armenia. We will taste traditional food in the house of the only inhabitants who live all year in Zon. Return to the capital. Days 3 to 6: Depending on the level of the group and the state of the snow, one-day or multi-day trips will be proposed sleeping in the houses of the summer towns (where nobody lives in winter). We propose some starting points for your adventure:
- From the town of Edisa, starting point for volcanoes of up to 3,600m from the Kelskon plateau.
- From Chista and in two or three days, you can be the first to reach the top of the Kalatsha (3,800m), the most emblematic mountain in the country.
There are countless valleys and peaks, some do not even have a name. When the goal is to discover new mountains, it seems absurd to plan a program. Find your mountain on a map or from the mountain you have climbed the day before. It is highly recommended to go with a high mountain guide (not included in the base program). The risks of avalanches, temperature, orientation … and especially of isolation and lack of rescue equipment in the high areas forces extreme precautions. Day 7: Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Vladikavkaz.
- 5 days from (3 with snowmobiles): € 1,250 / person
- 7 days from (5 with snowmobiles): € 1,600 / person
Price for groups of 5 people and 5 snowmobiles.
It is a personalized program, you can adjust the number of days and tours
Included in the price:
- 5 snowmobile:
- 1 Polaris RMK 800
- 2 Artic Cat Bearcat XT
- 2 Lynx Alpine 69 Ranger
- Documents to obtain the entry permit in South Ossetia.
- Transfer Vladikavkaz – Tskhinval – Vladikavkaz
- Accommodation (hotel, cottage – optional).
- Meals (three times a day).
- Transportation in South Osetia.
- Guide service – translator. (Not including mountain guide).
- Tickets for cultural events.
The service excludes:
- Flight to Vladikavkaz (approximately € 300 to € 400).
- Mountain Guide UIAGM (ask for quotation).
- Ski equipment, mountaineering and camping (sleeping bag, skis / snowboard …).
- Telephone, medical and rescue insurance.
- Double entry visa in Russia (Process in embassy or http://www.centraldevisadosrusos.com)
- All personal expenses.
- Tips. (Optional).
We have realized that many times you needlessly pay for insurance that you already have or do not want to pay.
We do not include insurance on our trips; what we do is help you assess what insurance you need in each type of activity and how far you want them to cover your activity. For each trip we will jointly study what insurance you have already served and which we have to expand or cover: to ensure the cancellation of the flight or the entire trip, in many cases it is advisable an international medical insurance, and a rescue and repatriation insurance It may be essential on some occasions.
If you want insurance contact us and we will find the one that fits your needs AQUÍ.