Ski on Mount Ararat 5137m, a descent of 2200 m ideal for your first 5000 on ski touring
From: € 1.800
A descent of 2,200 meters on the mountain of Noah’s Ark!
Its few technical difficulties and all the history that surrounds this mountain make it ideal to start ascending at 5,000m.
The Ararat summit (Ağrı Dağı in Turkish) is the highest peak in Turkey at 5,137 meters. This mountain is an inactive volcano with its summit covered in perpetual snow. It is the symbol of identification of Armenia and its Turkish name can be translated by “Mountain of pain”. It must be remembered that this region belonged to Armenia until the Turkish invasion and subsequent genocide of 1923.
The Old Testament identifies this mountain as the place where Noah’s Ark stayed after the Universal Flood. Also here is the legend of “The ten thousand martyrs of Mount Ararat”
Come with us to climb a biblical summit!
Flight to Istanbul
Flight from Barcelona or departure city to Istanbul. Pick up of the group at the airport and transfer to the hotel with private transportation.
Istambul flight – Van and Dogubeyazit.
Flight from Istanbul to Van. Pick up of the group at the airport and transfer to the town of Dogubeyazit by private transport.
Ascent to the town of Eli and C1.
We will leave Dogubeyazit at 9 in the morning towards the small villages at the foot of the Ararat. About 1900m we will leave the transport by car and we will take the horses to transport all our luggage. Here begins our ascension. We will climb up to approximately 2900m, where we will mount field 1.
Camp (D, A, C).
Acclimatization day at altitude. Today we will explore the mountain. We will make a difference of about 800 or 1000 meters, and we will return to the camp to sleep.
Camp (D, A, C).
From C1 – C2.
We will get up first thing in the morning and after breakfast we will begin our climb to C2 at 3,800 meters above sea level. The luggage will be transported by the horses.
Camp (D, A, C).
C2 – Summit of Ararat – C1
After breakfast, we will prepare for a climb of about 1740 meters, to reach the summit of Ararat at around 9 or 10 in the morning. We will still have a descent to the C1 of 2,200 meters.
Camp (D, A, C).
Day of reserve in case of bad weather for the planned day of attacking the top
Hotel (D, A, C).
C1 – Dogubeyazit.
A quick descent will take us to the town of Eli, where our transfer will pick us up to take us to Dogubeyazit or Van.
Flight Istanbul and connection to city of origin.
Transfer to the airport and return home.
Legend: D: breakfast, A: lunch, C: dinner
DAYS: 9 days (the programs are customizable and the number of days can be adapted)
You can also adjust a custom route.
Best time: February to April. Ask for a date.
From € 1.800 per person.
|2 pax||2.700 €|
|3 pax||2.400 €|
|4 pax||2.000 €|
|5 pax||1.900 €|
|6 pax||1.800 €|
- Prices per person and VAT included.
- Final prices may vary according to the price of €, US $ and local currency.
- Based on double or triple room; individual supplement: € 200.
Included in the price:
- Includes all transport from Agri or Van airport and back in private transport.
- A UIAGM High Mountain Guide, and a local English-speaking Guide.
- 2 hotel nights in Dogubayazit.
- Meals as detailed in the itinerary (D = breakfast, A = lunch, C = dinner).
- Tall tents for the camps, dining tent and complete equipment for the camps.
- Cook in the high fields, and horses to transport luggage from the car to the camps.
- The processing of the purchase of the plane ticket.
- Minimum compulsory insurance and RC.
The service excludes:
- Does not include airplane flights.
- Entry visa in Turkey.
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, ski touring boots, crampons, ice ax, mandatory safety equipment such as ARVA, shovel and probe, etc.).
- Travel or activity insurance (it is recommended to be federated by FEDME).
- Diets not expressly mentioned in the program.
- Expenses related to an early return for health or other urgent reasons.
- Tips (Optional).
We have realized that many times you needlessly pay for insurance that you already have or do not want to pay.
We do not include insurance on our trips; what we do is help you assess what insurance you need in each type of activity and how far you want them to cover your activity.
For each trip we will jointly study what insurance you have already served and which we have to expand or cover: to ensure the cancellation of the flight or the entire trip, in many cases it is advisable an international medical insurance, and a rescue and repatriation insurance It may be essential on some occasions.
If you want insurance contact us and we will find the one that fits your needs AQUÍ.